01 October 2013

Hirshhorn // D.C.

hirshhorn painting by // giant dog by Peter Coffin// hirshhorn art // hirshhorn art // hirshhorn art // snazzy socks man in the museum of modern art food court // me // hirshhorn sculpture // a complete account of fonts and font history - museum gift shop
 I am so blessed to be living so close to our nations capitol. We took a trip up there last Saturday to see my sister who was there with her college (LibertyUni) for the day. Even though i have been there countless times over the past 5, years i never grow tired of walking through all the museums. There is so much history there, its just amazing. It makes me sad to think that i know so many people who have lived here (Hampton Roads) their entire life and never gone D.C. not even once! They act like its not important when really, it is. My favorite museum is the Hirshhorn. It's a circular - donut like - cement building right by the Air & Space Museum. They always have the most interesting modern artwork there and the best part is that the exhibits are constantly changing. Since I am the only one in my family who loves the museum, I don't normally get to visit when we are in town. Saturday though, my mom, sister and I got caught in the rain meeting my dad and brother and had to go in to stay dry *fist pump*! My all-time favorite piece of artwork from the exhibits is a painting by Mark Grotjahn. It's oil on cardboard mounted on linen. It was ginourmous and so detailed and beautiful. Its titled Rotating Eyes of the Falling Tree Monkey Face *long pause* yeah, I don't get it either, but its still amazing.


1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks like an amazing museum!! And that last piece is beautiful! :)
    Kimmy x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments so please feel free comment if you like! I just ask that you keep it clean and say nothing explicit! If you have and issue with this post or the blog in general please email me instead of commenting! THANKS =]

Powered by Blogger.