27 April 2013

music for listening...

I have a huge obsession, like most kids my age. Its with Music! Weather that be country, rock, pop, indie, heavy metal, gospel, Christian, classical, or *insert different genre here*. I love to listen to everything! 2 months ago I was obsessing over RED's new album, then I switched to the Last Bison, then I rediscovered We The Kings and Lecrae. Right now I just can't get enough of Anthony Green.

Is it wrong that I don't stick to one type or genre of music? haha even if it is I don't care. I think music is here not only to entertain us but to also to get us thinking, to open our views and to push us outside our comfort zone or personal bubble. Music is here to help us, sometimes its almost like a therapy. Music can be a drug, an anti-drug, a sign, an eye opener, a pressure releaser, it can be anything and everything if you let it. And while you may get that from just one artist, or genre, I think everyone should open their minds and maybe try something new every once in a while. It's good for you! ;)

Recently I've been trying to listen to some lesser known music and I thought you guys might want to give some of these songs a listening to. You can listen to them if you'd like, but you don't have too.
oh, and if there is an asterisk ( this * ) then it means they are a Christian band.

*Rend Collective Experiment - Build Your kingdom Here (also listen to their cover of Matt Redman's 10000 reasons!)
Camera Obscura - French Navy
Anthony Green - Lullaby
*Sent By Ravens -  Salt and Light
*Remedy Drive - Heartbeat
Anthony Green - Love You No Matter What
Of Monsters and Men - Mountain Sound
*Jesus Culture - Dance With Me
*The Michael Gungor Band - Grace For Me
Zelos - Liberation (*possibly Christian. not really sure)


Well I have to go now... my dad has been yelling at me the whole time I was writing this post to clean my room. haha ;)

Blessing,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments so please feel free comment if you like! I just ask that you keep it clean and say nothing explicit! If you have and issue with this post or the blog in general please email me instead of commenting! THANKS =]

Powered by Blogger.