26 June 2013

Swing Time Salute

Let the drums roll out... Let the trumpets call... While the people shout...
Strike up the band!
 
( I sang that song in choir... seemed fitting for this post.)




Virginia Stage Company's Swing Time Salute: USO Tour; on the Battle Ship Wisconsin. It is set in the 40s, to give you a live interpretation of what it would be like for sailors back then to be on a ship for months at a time, when an exciting USO tour visits their ship to perform. This play was so incredible. I loved all the music, costumes, and the dancing. It reminds me of when times were much simpler... aghhh...... *slips into a daydream* Frank Sinatra, Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers... all those classics... if only it were a different time. *sigh*


-H

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments so please feel free comment if you like! I just ask that you keep it clean and say nothing explicit! If you have and issue with this post or the blog in general please email me instead of commenting! THANKS =]

Powered by Blogger.